Here’s what we are doing to take care of our team:
- We have provided education to team:
- Personal hygiene in line with department of health recommendations
- What to do if in contact with anyone from a high-risk area
- What to do if a member of family/ household is diagnosed with COVID-19
- We have placed a ban on all non-essential travel
- We are stopping our staff from having any unnecessary face to face client contact
- We have upgraded our cleaning regime to be completely comprehensive, making hand sanitiser available to team for cleaning workstations, vehicles and equipment before and after usage
- For the safety of both clients and our team, we have instructed our mobile fitters to no longer capture signatures for Proof of Fitment – Names, GPS plots and time stamps will still be captured as standard
Here’s what we are doing to ensure continuity of service:
Speedy Towbars already has a robust Business Continuity Plan (BCP) in place. In the situation that one or more sites are forced to shut down, our BCP will take effect allowing all functionality of any one of our sites to be routed to another site, this includes phone queues; booking of work; management of operations; finance and administration.
Speedy Towbars will continue to follow all advice provided by the Australian Government and Department of Health in responding to this situation and will escalate measures as recommended or necessary involving appropriate parties/authorities throughout the process.
If you have any further questions or would like to discuss the contents of this notice further please contact your local store, who will escalate this to the appropriate person as required.